Monday, April 6, 2009

Zeke thinks he lives in Michigan...

My dog Zeke has become a Michigan Football fan. He must not realize he lives in West Virginia. It all started after coach Rich Rodriguez left WVU for Michigan. WVU folks took it hard, Zeke says I’m being too kind here, and the Rich Rod bashing became a state hobby. Even though Coach Rod took WVU to national prominence and elevated the Big East to a legitimate conference for BCS bowls, most wanted him crucified. Zeke thought is was sad but his response was to follow Coach Rod through his career at Michigan. My dog is kind of crazy with it…he has me check Michigan football websites every day for news. With spring practice currently running, Zeke makes me check www.mgoblue.com daily for news and videos. (By the way, two good freshman quarterbacks will work in Rod’s system well!) Back to my crazy dog – he checks the weather forecast in Ann Arbor to see if the guys can practice outside! How nuts is that? Then Zeke decided we should become fans of Coach Rod’s facebook page, but that’s not all…he got me on Twitter too so that we could follow Coach Rod there as well. Gee whiz, dog, when will it stop?
I, no wait, my dog follows Michigan now with a passion. Zeke’s dream is that Michigan and WVU will meet in a bowl, maybe even next season. Wouldn’t that be something? Go Blue!

1 comment:

  1. Zeke.. I like your comments about Michigan. Go Blue! Have you been keeping up with the Basketball finals? Michigan State is playing. Another school.. but the same part of the country. I wasn't' sure if you could play basketball or if your Dr. Ed. only knew how to throw you a football pass?
    I think your blog will be a good place to learn about how dogs learn how to play football? :) I hope the snow doesn't get you down, Spring is right around the corner and that means more footballs to fetch. :0

    ReplyDelete