Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Zeke the Presbyterian Dog...

Zeke is a Presbyterian dog. He likes reformed theology but he is wondering what all the fuss is about in the church these days (specifically the PCUSA). We can’t seem to agree on much and the more attempts we make at unity the further apart we seem to become. I told him it is heartbreaking to see relationships strained over scripture interpretation or abortion views or all the other issues that divide us. (He had no idea what I was talking about.) I told Zeke that I preached a sermon last Sunday that touched on some of the issues and some folks became upset over it while others appreciated my taking a stance. Two perspectives are breaking the denomination apart and now those perspectives are cutting at our local church. Why won’t God just clarify these things for us? Both camps think they are clear in their respective views, but they are clear on opposite sides. I’ll keep praying about it, Zeke will bark out praise, and we will see what comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment