Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Zeke says "no thanks" on the sushi...

Zeke was excited for me today because I received a gift certificate for the Japanese restaurant which means a trip to the sushi bar. Sushi and sashimi are favorites of mine. If it were not so expensive I would eat it more often. Zeke, on the other hand, knows nothing about such delights. His diet is mostly dry chunks and cans of Alpo. He only eats once a day and still seems to gain weight. In that regard he is just about like me. I am one of those traditional yo-yo weight control people, eating right and exercising well for three months, then two months off, then back to it and so on. It is tough to keep the discipline, motivation, and the more costly “health” foods in the diet. Then there are the church meals when everyone wants me to try their cake or pie or cookies. How am I supposed to say no to that? Zeke and I will just have to take some long walks together to keep us both slim and trim!

No comments:

Post a Comment